RE: [Harp-L] How much do harps last?

A MB in Eb should last a long time. Perhaps many years. Considering that you play soft is a plus. Since you tongue block you should keep it clean and also keep it in it's case after letting it dry out and "breath" for a little while. That goes for any harp but tongue blocking gets a little messy sometimes. There are plenty of threads on this forums about care and cleaning.

I may be wrong on this but I think that while learning bending one might be as likely to have a reed go flat during the mastering process; just as quickly as a person who has mastered basic bending but plays very hard. If that happens, there are tons of information on harp-l and elsewhere about re-tuning a flat or out of tune reed. However if you are not trying to learn bending this would not apply to you.

I would like to see what the instructors/teachers have to say about my last statement.

Also, as for me, I find that I "blow out" reeds in D harps more than any other key. Especially the #4 blow. I have been told that this is a common thing.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Buck