Re: [Harp-L] Turbuharp ELX electric harp

Hi
With regard to small 'sexy' Mic kit I used to use was the Sennheiser Red dot Mic capsule, which is about the size of a third of a cigarette filter. I mounted it by taping it to the center of my left palm and I used to run the mini cable under my shirt sleve to the Sennheiser radio UHF belt-mounted unit, which was about the size of an iPod. Basically you couldn't tell that I was useing a Mic.
The 'Red Dot is a 'hairline' Mic and was traditionally placed in the hair line of stage actors, it had a flat response curve and so it doesn't have those response peaks that tend to trigger the onset of feedback.
Sennheiser's description of their modern equivalent mike is as follows:

General Description

The MKE platinum is a high-quality, sweat-resistant, sub-miniature clip-on microphone designed for all areas of live work. It features excellent sound quality and rugged design. The frequency response curve has been optimised for live stage work, with more headroom in the treble for higher levels and improved feedback rejection. The MKE platinum is fitted with a very thin (only 1 mm) yet rugged cable, making this microphone an ideal partner for all live sound applications.

At the time, the late 80's, the kit was really expensive but I used it on a world tour and it was a problem free experience, though the frequency's it used were illegal in some of the countries I played.
One had to remember to turn it off when not playing, like when you go to the head or when you are having private conversations.

It would be useful if some one from the ELX firm could join the conversation to do a Q & A session.

I would support the thing if I could understand how it worked. I know they only have about 9 days left but they surely must know a harp player that they could video using the thing to play some harp into it. That alone would be far more convincing than talking about the virtues of FX units. If I were State-side I'd offer to do it myself just to give the thing a fair shake. I do belive in supporting new technology that aims to make our playing lives better.

With regard to the chromatic, I suspect that valves may get in the way of the ELX.
-David