[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi Workshop this Sept in CT, USA

Hi Harp-Lers,

I have been waiting to make this career move for the past 11 yrs so I could dedicate more time to my first love THE HARMONICA.

I will on occassion sub with both BS&T and The ORIGINAL BLUES BROTHERS. But will now finally have time to devote to my SOLO career. I remember talking to Toots about this back in the seventies when he was tryin to break out of the studios and get his Jazz Act on the road! So I hope you'll come and look for my new act as I book it rond the globe. Rob Paparozzi and "Etruscan Soul".

During my tenure with BS&T I befriended one of the bands founding fathers Mr. Steve Katz, he has amazing studio with his wife in the CT Berkshires and has been coaxing me to do a workshop and I must say I'm LONG overdue....Steve is organizing this witha whole series of other great Musicians as well on other weekends so have a look.....Steve Katz's email and sign up info and rates are below with description of just a few topics I will teach. All levels welcome.....Thanx for the bandwidth...Rob Paparozzi

2 DAY WORKSHOP Details>>>>

Setember 17th & 18th (Sat-Sun)

Come join Rob Paparozzi, master harmonica player, in a very special two-day workshop held at Steve Katz and Alison Palmerâs beautiful art studio in the gorgeous foothills of the Connecticut Berkshires. Robâs credits include The Original Blues Brothers Band, Blood Sweat and Tears, his own Hudson River Rats, Broadway, movies, television and commercials. Robâs newest CD, Etruscan Soul, has received critical acclaim worldwide and established Rob as one of the greatest living harmonica players and the recipent of the "Bernie Bray Player of the Year Award". Rob has studied in NY with Classical Players Robert Bonfiglio and Cham Ber Huang. Some special guests may be announced later.

The workshop will cover:

-Techniques for developing 'tone' on both chromatic & diatonic harp -Relating music theory to enable improv beyond the Blues -Transitioning from diatonic to chromatic harmonica -Session harmonica techniques -Skills for playing in a band setting - how to accompany singers -Basic harmonica repair and uses of overblow technique -Mic techniques and tips for live and studio playing -Group Jams with live music & track backup

We will use play along tracks as well as LIVE guitar and piano to assist us.

There will be a limited amount of students - registration will be on a first come, first serve basis, so SIGN UP SOON!
âââ
The fee for this workshop will be $350 for the weekend. If you are interested in securing a space, please e-mail Steve Katz at spoonrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve will then confirm your reservation. On receiving your confirmation, mail a deposit of $150 (made out to Alison Palmer) to: The Alison Palmer Studio, PO Box 686, Kent, CT 06757. The remaining payment of $200 should be mailed to the same P.O. Box address by August 15. Please e-mail us for lodging recommendations or more info.

The Alison Palmer Studio
48 Stone Fences Lane
South Kent CT 06785