Re: [Harp-L] Can you improve the U block tongue curl?

In a message dated 5/4/2011 3:54:38 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard Ti,
icemanle@xxxxxxx writes:

<<  my understanding is that the tongue curl is hereditary. Most can do
it...some  just can not.>>

For the first 40 years of my playing the harmonica (I started playing
chromatic when I was 8 years old) I was a "pucker player"  exclusively...

I have a very flat and short tongue, and "tongue blocking" took me a  long
time to master... But these days I tongue block and pucker as the mood
takes me.

However, "U block" is impossible for me to do... My tongue simply  isn't
built to do that....

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.