[Harp-L] Piano and Harp...

This past weekend,

I booked Andy Santana to play Harmonica with his great blues band at The Dream Machines Festival.  ( here in Half Moon Bay, California)
This was a big event and raised around $90,000!
... for our Adult Day Health Center.....
With concerns about the economy, etc...we were worried about this Festival as the Center needs every penny to get through another year of services
for the elderly and home bound....

Do the Blues still draw a crowd?
One might wonder, as they cancelled our San Francisco Blues Festival....
Don't worry everybody, the blues are alive and well and the economy is on the rebound...
book your rooms and have your festivals...we'll get through this.....

Andy was amazing and I paired him up with a Piano Player that he had not played with before....
Wendy DeWitt...( "Queen of Boogie Woogie Piano")
It was  Blues Festival Format and each "guest" came on and did a set seamlessly....
Common language...the blues....

Wendy and Andy...It was a match made in Heaven.

Got me to thinking .... Great Piano / Harmonica pairs.....I have seen...

My personal Favorites.... Jerry Portnoy with Pinetop Perkins
					   Charlie Musselwhite with Lafayette Leake (1975)
					   Charlie Musselwhite with Clay Cotton....
					( Clay also  played with my good friend/mentor, the late "Ralph Shine" a great harmonica Master)
					   Charlie Musselwhite with Skip Rose..

We really play a great instrument...a piano in your pocket...

Grant Walters...