Re: [Harp-L] What's a "key"?

Hi RD

And if different tunes "resolved" to an AM7, an Am7, and an A7
respectively then they would all be in the same key? What relationship
does your definition have to the key of each of these tunes as
designated by the key signature of the notated tunes?

Also, I have a problem with your definition in that I don't hear entire
tunes resolving. What I hear is bits and pieces of tunes creating tension
followed by resolution. That is, I hear many cadences each resolving to
different chords.

Cheers!