[Harp-L] Harmonica and health

I started because I was hoping to get my wife working her lungs, but she
didn't stick with it and rarely picks up her harp.  I love it, so the harp
WAS the health improving activity.  I lift weights twice weekly, and once
weekly use a conditioning program called PACE that's supposed to increase my
lung capacity, but that's new and the jury's still out.  I perform thrice
weekly a postural improvement program by Pete Egoscue.  I think the better
posture does help, and that increased lung capacity will help if that
program works out, pun intended.  I think not exercising would make me a
worse player from the viewpoint of lung capacity, control, and during
periods of my life when I've not exercised, just general sluggishness.  I
don't feel well when I don't exercise and I think I might not WANT to play
and likely would not play well.

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.