[Harp-L] The Manji and the Crossover

Usually I keep opinions to myself, and am better for it. But this one has been brewing, so I'll get it off my chest.

It's about the Suzuki Manji and the Hohner Crossover. I have several of each, have used them in a variety of settings, some demanding, and am getting to know them.

They each have faults, but are, in my view, just head and shoulders above well known cheaper models.

The thing I don't get is this. Why don't more people play these new instruments? They cost more, for sure. But not that much more. And they seem to last.

If you play Lee Oskars, Big Rivers, Marine Bands, Special 20s (all decent instruments for their price), then do yourself a favour. Get a couple of Crossovers. Or a couple of Manjis. Or both. You'll never look back.

At least, I don't think so.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com