[Harp-L] opening up cover plates

My method, FWIW: I took a 5" x 8 piece of ply, and, approx 1" from one long edge tack a 6" piece of 3/8" dowel. Place the cover plate upside down w/the little woopdee doo at the rear nestled over the dowel. Then, holding that in place, I place a second dowel snuggly against the front of the cover. Due to the cover being tilted, the front will fit slightly under the dowel holding it firmly in place while I tap the rear of the plate w/ my nylon jewelers mallet--works great! As for the misconception that this makes one whit of difference---of course it does!!! However, this falls into one of those murky categories that defies any scientific  or logical explanation--exactly like wooden combs sounding far superior---we simply must acknowledge some things because of what my wife calls "The Rule", or BRTS.  (because Rick thinks so).

RT