Re: [Harp-L] Re: "Time Is Tight" Hammond Organ Sound on Chromatic

ace McCurry wrote:
>One thing I have trouble with is the relative lag in the expression
>pedal for the rotary effect. I am using an RP250.
>
>...The RP250 (with Richard's patches) is great, btw, and I love it.

Thanks for the kudos!  Hmmm, you mean a lag when the pedal is shifted from fast to slow rotary speed? That's intentional on the part of the RP's designers--it mimics the behavior of a real rotating speaker (leslie), in which a mechanical rotating drum or horn has to speed up or slow down to speed--which takes time.

If you need the switch to be instant, my advice is to set up two patches side by side, one with a rotating speaker effect set to high speed, the other with the same effect set to a slow speed.  Then you can instantly go from one to the other with a footpress.

RP355 owners can use the "stompbox" mode to switch instantly between effect on and effect off.  but that's not available on the RP250.

Regards, Richard Hunter