Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 93, Issue 41 Hering 1923 Vintage Harps

"Richard Hammersley" wrote:
<I will say though that when we started playing a lot in Bb and F, including some <jazzier stuff like a Mingus tune, I found that the 1923 wasn't responsive fast <enough to play the hard bits so I bought a Manji in Bb. The first night I used it my <pals said "You are playing really well tonight" which they don't usually say.

The Manjis I own play faster with more precision than anything else in my kit. That doesn't make them my favorites for everything, but it certainly makes them the favorites for anything that demands speed.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick