[Harp-L] Bending To Pitch

Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:04:10 -0400
From: philharpn@xxxxxxx
For bending notes on pitch, one of the most important things to
understand is that the cheap $50 electronic keyboard is key to locating
and matching bent notes.  This gets the right note on the right pitch
every time*.
Phil,

I've been using Petersons StroboSoft.  It's right there on my laptop.  The
pitch can be adjusted to YOUR harp--A441, A443 and so on.  Just play at your
laptop mic and it will show you within a few cents of what pitch you are at
and how far you need to "bend", or often times-let off, to hit the note you
are after.

It's sort of a not so user-friendly "Bendometer" that is extremely accurate.

Appendix A--Tuning Layouts in Winslow's book makes using StroboSoft a snap.
I imagine it would make life easier using most any electronic tuner.

Greg