Re: [Harp-L] Are there pro harp players who do not know theory?

sheltraw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<Some of us operate from the perspective that our headlights are our ears.
<
<I like to use what little theory actually exists in jazz to shine a light
<under the hood while the car is in the garage.

First, I don't really understand what the 2nd sentence means.

Second, your ears are connected to your brain, and your brain dictates what you play, no matter how good your ears are.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick