[Harp-L] Re: manji quality ??

Ron can send the receipt--he routinely does this when requested. Give me a call to get an RA#.
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: captron100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 14:34:09
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: manji quality ??

 Gary wrote:
I am the guy you will send your harmonica to(the"manufacturer"--that is actually Japan, we are in San Diego, if you buy in America, you send it to me) if you have a problem with it.  I will make it right if there is something wrong--including (at this point, anyway)replacing a reed if it breaks. We currently have a one year warranty.

  Gary, after reading and hearing all the accolades, including Pat Missin's review, I recently bought a Manji in the key of Eb from Rockin' Ron online.  Despite the gaps looking good, it is disappointingly unresponsive.  It OB's holes 4, 5, and 6 poorly.  It will not OB hole #1 at all, nor will it OD holes 7 and 9.  Hole #10 blow will not even bend at all.
  I forgot that Manji's have a one year warranty and did not keep the receipt tho one look inside will reveal that it's never been played.  As it is, this harp is unusable for my purposes.  After I bought my Manji I was told that Manji's are inherently stiff in the upper register since they're all long-slot and therefore
the reeds need to be stiff to get the high pitch with the long reeds.  That would explain why my Eb harp can't bend hole 10, but not the other problems.  Can I send it to you?
Ron