Re: [Harp-L] Comb Design

Vern,

I make no argument that the sound projected to the audience is effected in
any discernible way by the material of the comb. What I notice is that I
like my harmonicas with solid combs better. It is hard to tell if it is the
noticeable weight difference (it feels more sturdy, better) or the effect on
the mass of the harmonica that is in the transmission path of the sound
waves through my body.

A question about the SPAH2010 experiment: Was this the one where mass was
added to the combs so that the player could not distinguish the material by
weight of the harmonica? If so then it would not be a good experiment to
show the invalidity of my theory on the sound transmission through the
body.

Derwood