[Harp-L] RE: now i understand...

...why people hate harmonica players.

The problem is that people can carry a harp in their pocket. You cannot
carry a guitar, drums or bass easily. And it is much more forward to ask for
someone's instruments while they are playing it.

I was at a gig once when the bass player stepped away from his mic, because
he had a wireless, and a woman jumped up and began rapping to What I Like
About You. It was hilarious as well as horrifying. You can hear it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/JFB2007-08-03.Live_at_Skippack_Roadhouse

She starts right from the start. But the worst is the rapping over the
harmonica solo. I cannot take credit for the harmonica on this. It was not
me. I played on other songs. I got to just watch the whole thing including
the faces of the musicians.

Derwood