Re: [Harp-L] Filip Jers - Spiro - Solo CD released

I've known of Filips Jers' musical and harmonica talents since meeting him
as a precocious teenager at Trossingen in (I think) 2003. Subsequently he
won the World Cahmpionship for jazz/blues diatonic, and has recently
graduated with the first ever Masters Degree in harmonica from the
world-renowned Sibelius Academy. While studying he has been doing some
high-profile pop and jazz/blues gigs in Europe.

Despite these achievements Filip didn't seem to be on the radar of most
folks on this list, and has surprisngly never been invited to SPAH. To
compensate for this attention deficit disorder I have highlighted his
accomplishments here a few times, along with other neglected European greats
like Antonio Serrano and Jacob Venndt (two others SPAH should invite!).

It's great that Filip has now made his debut CD 'Spiro' that everyone can
hear; I really recommend you check it out. World class overblow-diatonic and
chromatic playing in a refreshing variety of styles, along with bass
harmonica, accordion, jews harp, guitar and lots more - all played by Filip
himself in very tasty, innovative arrangements.

Treat yourself to two free streaming clips here:
http://soundcloud.com/filipjers

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic