Re: [Harp-L] Re: Sugar Blue on Alternate Tunings

Sugar Blue is well versed in the Richter tuning for sure ! As all one has to do is listen to about 4 bars of any one of his solo's
to hear just about every note in that particular tuning . The first and only C.D. i purchased of his was "Blues Blazes " and
although initially I kind of dug it , I later realized through the entire album HE was the only soloist some times taking two in one song !
After awhile listening to such "note heavy " solo's some of his runs became very repetitious . It reminded me of phrase my old friend Jerry Portnoy
once said about solo heavy players , " They seem to be intoxicated with the smell of there own perfume "
Any way I respect him as a player but I'd rather listen to him sing .

JB