[Harp-L] alternate tunings for bluegrass?

 I play mostly  bluegrass and fiddle tunes nowadays. I agree with Crazy
 Bob that for non-blues genres of music like these, alternate tunings
 are very useful. For example, Bill Monroe's Jerusalem Ridge lies
 beautifully on a Paddy Richter but is extremely awkward on a std.
 Richter . But I don't agree with you, Crazy Bob, that the std. Richter
 doesn't lend itself to melodic playing. My specialty is melody, and I
 can attest that std. Richters lend themselves beautifully to melodic
 bluegrass playing. Depends on the tune whether Paddy or standard R.
 works better for a given melody.

 Bill in DC