RE: [Harp-L] Harmonica and Air travel

This has been addressed here a bunch of times before.  I've traveled both domestically and internationally with multiple sets of harps in my carry-on bag many times with no problems whatsoever.  The TSA folks appreciate it if you lay them out openly so they can see what they are, rather than have to dig through a bag to see what the items are.  Put all of your harps in their cases in one of the little trays to go through the x-ray machine.  Maybe open one of the cases so they can see the harp.  They'll have no problem with you taking the harps on the plane.

Happy travels!

John

> From: jeffery.degregorio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:27:54 +0000
> Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica and Air travel
>
> Good morning:
>
> I'm flying to Miami today on Southwest originating from a small US city airport and have a question or desire to know other's experience...
>
> I'm sure many of you travel by plane a lot with your harps (especially to and from SPAH) and other events.  How difficult is it to go through airport security with harps?  Has anyone ever been denied to take their harps on the plane?  Is this something security see as common?  I don't have a "solid" case to transport them yet, but have the harps in their original manufacturer cases.  What tips do any of you have?
>
> I leave this afternoon and desire to take my harps with me on a Caribbean cruise.  Last time I went out of Galveston on a cruise, we drove there (so airport security was no concern) and was fortunate enough to be in a talent show and desire to do the same again.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeffery C. DeGregorio
> HR Information Systems Coordinator
> Human Resources Center
> 716 Ayers Street - Corpus Christi, TX  78404
> Phone: 361-881-3343
> Fax: 361-883-6478
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable patient health information or business information, is subject to protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.

John D. Jochem, Psy.D.Clinical Psychologist

     977 Lakeview Parkway      Suite 102     Vernon Hills, IL     60061      Office:   (847) 680-0755     Fax:        (847) 573-1617
     www.hawthorncounseling.com