[Harp-L] melody maker

I took an old Lee Oskar harp that I never play, a C that is more than 10 years old... and turned it into a Melody Maker tonight.
I can see that I will have to make some adjustments in how I play. I use 3 blow more than I thought when I am trying to play melodies.Hard to make that change.
I just want to try to get a few bluegrass/country songs where I play pretty much strictly melody. I keep running into songs at jams where I could use that missing A note on the third hole, without using a bend. There is a jam on Sunday where i can try it out a little bit.
I can play these songs on a Richter tuned harp, but I don't like trying to control that 3 draw bend to get the A note. Maybe I should get some better harps, but my customiser (me) isn't as good as some others.
On a related note, I just re-listened to my MS Blows CD. I think PT Gazell should be arrested.
Steve Webb in Minnesota