Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Harp Mic -#1 ... Mic #2 is ... Mic #3 is

I bought a Shure CR41 with a black label CR that is my workhorse. bought it
from Tom Ellis.
I have about 25 mics of all types and I pick mics based on whatever amp I
am playing through (I own about 8 amps).
I currently default to s Shure Sphere O dyne 533 which, even after all
these years, I feel are grossly overlooked mics for harp. I bought (3) for
$35.00 each off Ebay not more than a year ago. I usually see them for about
70-100.

I always keep an SM57, with one of Greg Heumann's "bulletizers" taped onto
it, in my car, along with a long XLR cord. I do  this because if I show up
somewhere and have an opportunity to play I always carry a couple harps on
me and use the SM57 and cable to run into the PA. Not the best scenario for
me if I have my choice, but it'll do and I know my mic is hepatitus free.
The 57 also sees a lot of extreme heat and cold over the course of the
years and still plays as good as the day I got it. I don't like 58s for
harp (love em for vocals though) as I like the more compressed tone the 57
gives.

Jex my 2 cents.