Re: [Harp-L] How much rehearsal for covers?

HI
when I used to take bands to Glastonbury Festival, which I played for 18 years. I employed musicians, made them into a band and fined them for wrong notes. Against that I paid them M.U. rates for rehearsal. Folks say that I'm a hard M.D., I sacked a blind man for not playing the notes as written. Sounds hard but he was given the music in brail, as a sound recording, yet he would still go off line and improvise all over the shop, thus making a mockery of every one who was playing their parts as written.
all this was new works and not covers. there is a part of molding a band that allows musicians to get comfortable with their lines of communication but if you want to call the tune then you have to pay the piper.
yours David