Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bell Metal Reeds

On Nov 18, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Buck Worley wrote:

> Just for the record, the rep never said this harp has bell metal reeds. I guess I will never know what is different about thhis sample but having over 30 years as a pro I can promise you all that it plays better than the every day MB. Maybe I'll send it to a diatonic customiser for an assessment.
>
> Cheers,
> Buck

I tried to walk backwards through my mind, and as well as I can recall, my first diatonic was a marine band in 1951 in Trieste Italy. Maybe it was because I was a young strong 9 year old whom didn't smoke, but it seems that those older harps were the cats pajamas. And I don't recall any solo diatonics stating 'bell metal reeds'. I only remember tremollo and octave tuned stating that. Aaaaah, Altzheimers...but you get to meet new people every day.

jo-jo