Re: [Harp-L] Great playing from a great player

I attended the 4th annual Blues Harp Bash that Joe Filisko hosted in Chicago in September. There was an amazing line-up of talent, but Ron Sorin's performance completely blew me away. His timing and phrasing, in particular, left me awestruck.

I ordered two copies of his CD as soon as I heard it was out (last night when Mick emailed me off list): one for me, and one for my teacher, so he can help me get inside this man's amazing music.

I appreciate a variety of playing styles without necessarily wanting to make them my own. When I heard Ron, my immediate response was, "I want to sound like *that*."

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")