[Harp-L] manji reed quality

I'm just enquiring into peoples experience with Suzuki reeds. I have purchased two manjis now and both have had reeds die on me. One was mid song at a gig!
First one was a Manji that'd had about 6 months but not used excessively, the 2 draw went completely flat and sounded like a duck. I tried to re tune it but the reed was so out that it didnt come back. As it was 6 months old i put it down to age and fatigue. Although in my 17 years of playing Ive never had a reed go so flat so suddenly.
Anyway I last week received some Manji plates to put on my old Manji harp, loved it, in tune and very responsive, the 2 and 3 draw are a bit tight but it generally plays really well. However after a really good practice session just now the 5 draw just completely dies and did the same. These reeds are less than a week old to me, i have a sound technique and have been playing for 17 years, i dont wail and hammer notes with excessive bending and yet again no other harp has died on me so suddenly. There are normally warning signs on when a reed is gonna go.
Has anyone experienced this with a Manji or Suzuki?

These fellas aint cheap and i'm pretty frustrated