Re: [Harp-L] manji reed quality

Any valid comparison of reed longevity would involve machine-blowing of 50-100 of each type of reed until at least half of them failed.  Any experience based on a small sample of reeds and harps cannot be trusted because there is probably a larger variation in the longevity of the same brand of individual reeds than there is in the average longevities of different manufacturer's reeds.

The amount of usage and the playing style of individual players makes it even more difficult to interpret differences.

Vern