[Harp-L] Reed failure

I have had had 3 failures of G (high) reeds on Seydel harps in G. When
Seydel replaced the first one immediately without any argument or cost, I
had not the heart to go back looking for a further "pound of flesh"
especially as I have always found Seydel's service to be exemplary.

I figured that there might have been a Q.C. problem with that particular
reed and I may eventually try to buy a few spare reeds and have a go at
replacing them. As the late lamented F R Farrell used to say: "If  you can't
fix your own harmonica you can't afford to play one"

The problems with Manji reeds expressed by some 'listers' may be due to a
similar aberration.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana