Re: [Harp-L] how to blow bend

The straw is a good analogy. Blow through the hole like you are blowing through a straw them imagine the straw got a lot smaller and you have to tighten your lips and blow harder through it to get the air in a smaller column going in. It took me a while to learn to do it. I wanted to do the blow bend like on Wammer Jammer with the A harp 10 blow bend.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com

There is a YT video out there somewhere that shows you how to practice listening for the tone change using a straw to blow bend? over blow?
I tried it and it helped me hear what its supposed to sound like, but I still canât come close to holding it without the straw.
Maybe in my next life. lol