To: "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bending Stress in reeds (was Manji Reed Quality)

I tried what you recommended. During a half hour of earnest effort, I was unable to get a peep from an opening reed. All that this proves is that I haven't paid the price in practice to be able to bend and overblow on the diatonic. As a consequence, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread.

Vern