[Harp-L] Re: Michael Polesky

Just wanted to say thank you to all who have posted their condolences and
memories of Michael.  I believe Michael was one of the most "underrated"
jazz chromatic players around.  I have personally seen him sit in with the
best of the best jazz pros and never be at a loss even when playing the
most complex charts.    I think Iceman hit the nail on the head when he
said Michael was an egoless player.  For him it was always all about the
music, not about his own technique or impressive abilities.   Way back when
I first met Michael I was asking him about his approach to music and, with
absolutely no ego involved at all, he demonstrated that he always knew the
names of each note he was about to play and the harmonic underpinings of
why he was going to choose that note!    My own ear-playing was a world
away from that, but right up until his last days, he was infinitely patient
and eager to teach me his approach.

I will write more about his music in the coming days and weeks.

I miss him tremendously and hope he is at peace now.