RE: [Harp-L] Michael Polesky

Mojo Red posted:
> News of Michael's passing is hard news indeed.
>
> The man was too young, too talented and too bright of soul. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.

> At a later SPAH event (I forget which) he came and sat by me at the blues jam. I said, "Hey Michael, you're a jazz guy, what are you doing here?" He gave me that quirky grin of his and said.... "I"m slumming, of course." We laughed, and he admitted that he loved to play blues. He played magnificently, bringing his cool jazzy chromatic chops to the party, upping the bar considerably whenever he took a turn.

This was so true Red! I remember a SPAH (in Denver BTW) where Michael was so proud of his new 16 hole chromatic that he had tuned to the Key of B (natural!)
This was so he could play it in F and Bb positions when they were playing in E and A at the blues jams. He told me it was very much like playing an A clarinet. Very clever.

Michael Peloquin
The West Coast Harmonica Summit DVD has been released:

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/
http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

It was an amazing night of harmonica, and now you can witness it even if you weren’t there! Buy your copy today!
http://harpsax.com