Re: [Harp-L] 1st Chromatic ?

After owning and playing 1000,'s of harmonicas in a large number of professional performance situations from harmonica trio to playing with Buddy Guy I find the 14 hole a useful item. being in C and starting from the G below middle C.

This is useful because so many tunes in C start below the tonic. I currently have a Herring 14/56 though I have also have had them from Hohner, Suzuki and Yamaha, all of which worked well. So often if one uses the 16/64 one ends up not using the first two holes that much at all.

I also like using chromatic harmonicas in keys other than C, As they most often are 'low' tuned.

It's all much of a 'horses for courses' thing or any excuse for getting another harmonica is a good one ;-)

yours David