[Harp-L] Re: video review requested--randy singer and grammy winner MICKI FREE perform...

My personal take, Randy - as someone whose very first  purchased harmonica
CD was your 'Harmonica Dreams', is that you absolutely  nailed the spirit
and feeling of the song despite not having heard it before. It  took guts to
go way up into the ether ....but it fit and worked perfectly. To my  ears you
were channeling the idea of your Harmonica Dreams' songs of  long ago with
a wee bit of Will Galison's 'Calling You' from Bagdad Cafe (listen  to him
playing behind Streisand's vocals on her Movie album) - haunting. And you
gave me the same over-all feeling here. That kind of playing gets me every
time.

I thought it was just beautiful. Don't know that much about Micki and  not
having heard the original song, maybe a new version could be  issued with
the addition of your harmonica? That's how much I liked  this.:)

My .02 cents

Elizabeth

In a message dated 10/2/2011 12:05:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,