[Harp-L] reminder to play the harp

Not sure who made the reference regarding the reading of the Harp-l list...
something like ...
after reading it so diligently, wondered how good he would have played had he
practiced instead of reading the lists ( he is on more than one!)....so much....

You have time to read lists....plural...how many?

As a cat who normally plays a few gigs a week I get stuck in a rut sometimes
and the list is a great help to get over that....

 I had not played a gig since July 4th due to relocation of band members and oral surgery....long break for me...

 I read the list a lot ...during this break and did not practice...just read and looked at videos...unconsciously, not playing

 I got the chance to play with a world class boogie woogie piano player the other night
 and I was not on my mark...could not keep up with this high octane group....sloppy too...out of practice...ouch...

So while I thank everyone for the Harp-L...thank you... thank you... thank you

I hereby vow to never read the list for anything over a few minutes unless I have a harp next to my keyboard....

Reminder that you need to have your harps out and play them to get better or even keep the chops up.....
actually try out some of these gems.....

My first question when someone asks me how to get good on the harmonica.. or do I give lessons....
is: Do you have a harmonica in your pocket...right now

If the answer is no....I say, well, that is the first lesson...have one with you at all times...and you will improve...

This week I will play along with Rick Rod and Kim...and others.... ( recordings) instead of reading about them and figure out how to over blow without making my dog bark....

What other instrument can fit in your pocket and carry so much passion... You can improve the most, in the shortest period of time, on harmonica, than any other instrument...
The mere ease of having it available at all times is a tremendous advantage.....

Thanks for everything...everybody....even though I do not know you ...I thank you

My advice...just keep playing the thing all the time and you will get better....

in  Harmony

Grant Walters