De : JersiMuse [mailto:JersiMuse@xxxxxxxxx]
Envoyà : vendredi 7 octobre 2011 19:29
à : harp-l (harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)
Objet : New SEBASTIEN CHARLIER Album short review

Hi guys !

I donât know if someone has mentioned that the Blues & Beyond Quartet first album has just been released.

Weâve talked about this quartet already, which regroups some of the finest European Jazz musicians:

Sebastien Charlier (I guess you all know him)

Yannick Robert (quite well-known fusion guitarist in France)

Dominique Di Piazza (Very famous bass player, was part of the John McLaughlin trio. McLaughlin : â His talent is huge, one of the best bass player in the worldâ)

Yoann Schmidt, a young and very talented and promising jazz drummer (plays in Bireli Lagreneâs band)

Special guest : Benoit Sauve (a real phenomenon, I let you see his vids on youtube !).

The concept of this album, called âLa Danse du Chatâ (The Cat Dance) is very exciting :

4 great musicians, from different cultures, ages, backgrounds, united in a musical project where all musical intentions come from the Blues, exploring all world rhythms.

It is a modern mix between Blues & Jazz, where youâll find melodies and rhythms from Latino music, Celtic music, African music, Jazz swing, etc.

Each tune is a ballad in a different universe, somewhere over the planet.

The melodies are absolutely wonderful. I canât stop whistling them all day long !

I began to practice them on the harp, and they also represent the best rhythm exercises Iâve ever done.

This album becomes at the same time one of my favorite ones, and my preferred music practice method.

Sebastien Charlierâs playing is so precise & imaginative & inspiring, as always. Probably better than ever in fact. At the top of his art.

He has chosen a pure acoustic sound for the harp, contrarily to his previous album where he used a lot of effects.

I have to say this LP is not just a harp playerâs album. Its unity makes it a unique Jazzy moment, thanks to each of these amazing players.

I highly recommend it to all music & harp lovers !

You can find it on SebCharlier eShop : http://www.sebcharlier.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details <http://www.sebcharlier.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=28&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27> &flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=28&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Or on legal downloading platforms : ITunes <http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/la-danse-du-chat/id454976158?i=454976169&ign-mpt=uo%3D4> , Virgin, Amazon, etc

BTW, a friend of mine in Canada told me he had a special price to import the CD. He just asked to the customer service for it. I asked Sebastien Charlier about it, and he answered his retailer makes best efforts for American, Eastern, and Asian countries, because of the high value of the âuro, until their own multi-currency site is up.

Thanks for the ones who had the courage to read this short review, and sorry for my poor English :-)

I wish I could better express my feelings about this outstanding CD.

Best regards,

Jerome