[Harp-L] re: Is live blues dying out

I have found that Blues is cyclical. There will be a catalyst that causes people to return to blues music and also garners new listeners such as The Rolling Stones bringing people to rediscover Muddy Waters or The Blues Bros. movie or Cadillac Records which got one of my homeboys a Grammy (Billy Flynn).

Here in Wisconsin we have been blessed with great harp players who continue to play the blues. Jimmy Liban, Westside Andy,  Madison Slim, Steve Cohen, Cadillac Pete, Otis McLennon, Benny Rickun and I'm sure a few more that I'm forgetting.

I just gigged with Reverend Raven and the Chain Smokin' Alterboys this past Sunday. The place was packed with an enthusiastic crowd which stayed until the last dog was hung. I look forward to playing with the Rev this Friday at a Blues friendly club and I'm happy to say that the Blues is alive and well and well represented in Wisconsin.