Re: [Harp-L] Re: Amp Casters

When dealing with any electronical equipment that is NOT solid state, jostling it..especially over rough floors, parking lots, cobble stones, brick/tile floors with big seams, bouncing it on stairs, platforms, curbs, presents a problem. The 'heaters' in the tubes can vibrate violently and thusly cause a failure. The filaments can short against each other. Tube pins can loose their hair like leads. Bakelyte can crack. Especially when hot.

In a perfect world, the best solution is to carry tube activated equipment. Now I realize that some of this stuff would require a wooly mammoth to transport, but anything you can do to alleviate vibration will pay off. If one were to go with casters (because the weight exceeds 75 lb), I suggest soft gooey NEOPRENE.

Justin Case