[Harp-L] RE: what is the blues?????

The Rev. Billy C. Wurtz on the subject (from none other than Dr. Demento; and who out there remembers him?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgTetPTwas

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:56:13 -0700
From: Arthur Jennings <timeistight@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] what is the blues?????
To: The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Here's a terrific upper-middle class lament from old blue-eyes himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UrOaOLqE4 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UrOaOLqE4>

I make a date for golf - and you can bet your life it rains.
I try to give a party - but the guy upstairs complains.
I guess I'll go through life just catching colds and missing trains;
Everything happens to me.

I never miss a thing - I've had measles and the mumps.
And every time I play my ace my partner always trumps.
I guess I'm just a fool who never looks before he jumps;
Everything happens to me.

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com <http://www.timeistight.com/>