Re: [Harp-L] The Forkord Turnaround

Last year I talked to Seydel about my idea, they already mentioned the
concept of the Schaman, as two lower half bluesharps next to each other
instead of opposing each other.

The extra seventh in the blow part is nice, but it also has disadvantages:

On the Forkord Turnaround you can still play blues in two keys up two the
fifth hole (like a Seydel Big Six Blues minus one hole), like you are used
to. Playing in F on the B-flat part, you also have the octave in draw hole
"six", that is the F of the C part, you can bend it a little. You can hear
this F at the end of "Muss I Denn", second song in the Youtube.

Also, in the upper range of the Forkord Turnaround you have some
interesting (chromatic) melodic possibilities that the Schaman lacks:
F E E-flat D D-flat (bent note), all in the middle two holes.

When I play the Forkord Turnaround in C or G, I keep the C-part to the
left, and vice versa, hence "Turnaround".

You can build the FT yourself, (the Seydel Session Steel is suitable, then
you 'll have steel reeds, like the Schaman) and choose which key you
prefer.

What did you pay for your Schaman?

Arnold