RE: [Harp-L] Astatic (Crystal Balls) problem

Those old amphenol connectors can be a pain. I would replace it with a screw on switchcraft type. I remember when Kevin used to sell them. If the mic is working when you first turn it on, the element is most likely good. I have used them for years and have never had one be ok upon power up and then stop working. However, I have had crystal MC151s not have any output at first then when I cup the shell and play or speak loudly all of a sudden it kicks in...dont know why.