[Harp-L] Re: Looping Version of U2, Live

If setting up separate and synched tracks is important, and you are
looking to spend less than you would on a LP-1, etc, the Boomerang III
is an option.  The new Boss pedal might work too.

While not as awesome as Noah's rig, you can get 4 separate tracks
going.  The most I've ever used is three as I have the 4th button set-
up to do something else.   What is cool is you can have all 4 tracks
be different lengths assuming they are a multiple of the master
track.  For example:

Master loop: 2 bars of drums
Slave 1: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10....bars of bass
Slave 2: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...bars of rhythm harmonica
Slave 3: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...bars of vocal loops

Everything can be set-up "automatically" so the timing is perfect and
there is not drifting.

You can also set it up to go from an A loop to a B loop...so on Noah's
song, you could play the first two bar part and then loop the second
two bar part.  From there, you can have loop one repeat forever and
then press a button to go to the second loop and back.  This makes it
possible to have a verse and chorus you could sing over.  I have not
mastered this yet.  I can show how it is done, but I've never learned
to do a song that way, etc.  There is a major con in that you would
have to overdub the other sounds on each loop separately, which would
take a long time.  I think I figured out a bit of a workaround,
though.

I am doing a poor job of explaining it, but I am not sure the LP-1 or
the Boss 500 will do that.  Obviously the laptop stuff does more.