[Harp-L] Some SPAH Highlights + Pablo Fagundes in LA

At my age it was a challenge keeping all those names straight, JP, PT, TP… and so on.   But I remember Cara Cook and Lonnie Joe Howell for hosting those fine bluegrass jams. These jams were serious fun, especially when great players such as Mike Caldwell, Steve Baker, James Conway, Jean Sabot, and Richard Hunter showed up.  I also got to jam with one of the few old-timey players, Paul Davies, who will put up with a chromatic player.  We found a nice set of tunes that are common to both bluegrass and old-timey, and we played them together, each in our own style.  I tried to talk to Paul about the multiverse, time travel, and the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, but he kept insisting that I’m confusing him with Paul Davies the cosmologist. A special treat for me was having an impromptu Jam by the elevator (elevator music?) with harmonica virtuosos Filip Jers and Brendan Powers.

For those living in the LA area, the great Brazilian harmonica virtuoso, Pablo Fagundes, will be playing throughout the LA area with violinist/mandolin player Ted Falcon. They are joined by Marcus Moraes on guitar and
George Lacerda on  percussion.
August 27 at 8:00 PM at SOHO in Santa Barbara
August 30 at 8:00 PM at the Coffee Gallery Backstage in Altadena
September 20 at 7:30 PM at the Ford Theater's 4th Annual LAVida Music Festival
September 8 at 7:00 PM at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center in Santa Clarita