Re: [Harp-L] Madcat WAS Some observations on 12th position on the diatonic

You're correct sir. I forget the name of the project but in the mid-90's, the late and beloved Chris M. gave me a couple of cassettes of other tracks that were scheduled for the next LP or recordings for a previous LP - I forget the details. They never made vinyl because the first album was a commercial failure. Somewhere in a dusty closet I have an old box of cassettes and they are still in there. I have a way to digitize them and pass them around but I don't know how that would apply to copyright rules.

It's a shame about the original record. It's an amazingly tight band with A+ playing, singing and songwriting. It does take a tad getting used to but once you do it grows on you. I think the marketeers couldn't figure out how to pigeon-hole the record because it had no definable genre since it crossed them all.

Also, as Richard pointed out, it is extremely rare. I'd like to hear from Madcat exactly how many pressings there were. 20,000? More? All music, http://www.allmusic.com/artist/sky-king-p155395, lists it but has no details. When I digitized it and flew it into iTunes I did find the album cover online. It's a cool mid-70's cover.

TP