From: Mojo Red [mailto:harplicks@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:53 PM
To: turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reed Gap-A-matic

Turbodog,

I'm surprised no one has responded to your intriguing post. You always come
up with the ~coolest~ ideas!

I fiddle with gaps on all my harps, as I'm sure many players do. Being able
to precisely adjust gaps on the fly might be a viable tool indeed.

If I had to choose only one to have that option, I'd likely suggest that the
adjustable gap be placed on the 5 blow reed.
When it's low enough to overblow, it tends to be too low to hit hard; and
vice versa.
Another good choice would be the 7 blow (for the same reason), but I use the
7 OB far less frequently than the 5 OB.

Best of luck with this idea!
Your "mad genius" approach to harmonica modification is always enlightening.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

  _____