De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de Mike Best (WGE)
Envoyé : vendredi 3 février 2012 05:10
À : 'harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx'
Objet : [Harp-L] Overblowing

Hi everyone.  You've probably already covered this subject many times in the
past but forgive me, I'm a new user of harp-L

I've known about the concept of overblowing for years, and I can easily hit
overblown notes on holes 4, 5 and 6.  I haven't got it completely under
control but I think with a bit of concentrated practice I would nail it in a
pretty short space of time..

My question though is, even if I did put the work into mastering OB's, I
can't imagine when I would ever use them.  I've played harp in various blues
bands for 30 years and I have never needed to use OB's.  I usually play in
2nd position, relatively fast if I need to, and along the full length of the
harp.  Maybe it's not the most imaginative playing in the world, and if you
listen to me long enough you'll start to hear the same phrases coming
through, but the audience always seems to like it.

Sometimes if I'm playing a horn line and there's a missing note or two then
I can usually solve it with a natural minor harp.   So am I missing
something here, or am I just not trying hard enough??  Any advice from the
experts out there would be much appreciated

Mike