Re: [Harp-L] Can you post this please?

This is really cool William....can't wait for the book!
WVa Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Wgalison <wgalison@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hal Leonard to release book of Jazz solos by Will Galison

Friends,

Hal Leonard asked me to compose a book of Jazz solos on standard tunes. I have finished the recordings and am in the process of transcribing in standard notation and harmonica tab.

Basically, this is a jazz CD with transcriptions, but I will be available online to answer questions about technique and theory behind the solos. Funnily enough, it's the closest I've come to making a straight Jazz CD, even though the solos were recorded over pre- existing tracks.

My intention is not to have people play my solos but to provide ideas for jazz improv on the harmonica, that players can incorporate into their own improvisations. The book should be out in the next few months

The songs on the CD are:

Satin Doll

Autumn Leaves

Lullabye of Birdland

Wonderful World

Someday my Prince Will Come

Meditation

My Funny Valentine

Georgia

Satin Doll, Lullabye of Birdland and Wonderful World are available to hear on my website

http://web.me.com/wgalison/Will_Galison/Hal_Leonard.html

Thanks for checking this out