Re: [Harp-L] valve bending exercises

philharpn@xxxxxxx wrote:
Anybody have any valve bending exercises that help fine-tune blow bends?
Phil,

What I do as a warm-up is to play diatonic major scales up the line by half tones. The first scale, C, is easy but the second, Db (C#), is loaded with blow-bends. In order to play, I find I must be able to hear the tones in my mind. Once I do that, the blow bends come sooooo easily. It's easy for me to hear major diatonic scales in my head, so that really works for me as a practice.

Best,

-LM