Subject: [Harp-L] Can you post this please?/Will Galison/Hal Leonard Jazz solos

Hi Will,

As you know, I'm a huge fan of yours and can't wait for this one! I've
been acquiring a lot of the Hal Leonard Book/CD Jazz  play-alongs and this will
make a very welcome addition to my  collection. All of the Jazz CD/Books
are just fabulous to learn  and play along with, but unfortunately since there
are almost no  harmonica CD's among them I've been buying those for Tenor
or Alto Sax, flute,  piano and guitar up till now

 What a fantastic choice of you for these great jazz standards on
chromatic, nearly every one a song I love. Problem is, now that I've  been listening
to the first of the tracks I want the book/CD NOW! <G>

It's going to be tough to wait - your 'Wonderful World' especially is just
gorgeous, btw.

Elizabeth

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:24:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Wgalison  <wgalison@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Can you post this please?
To:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hal Leonard to release book of Jazz solos by Will  Galison

Friends,

Hal Leonard asked me to compose a  book of Jazz solos on standard tunes. I
have finished the recordings and am in  the process of transcribing in
standard notation and harmonica  tab.

Basically, this is a jazz CD with transcriptions, but I will be  available
online to answer questions about technique and theory behind the  solos.
Funnily enough, it's the closest I've come to making a straight Jazz CD,  even
though the solos were recorded over pre- existing tracks.

My  intention is not to have people play my solos but to provide ideas for
jazz  improv on the harmonica, that players can incorporate into their own
improvisations. The book should be out in the next few months

The  songs on the CD are:

Satin Doll

Autumn  Leaves

Lullabye of Birdland

Wonderful  World

Someday my Prince Will Come

Meditation

My  Funny Valentine

Georgia

Satin Doll, Lullabye of  Birdland and Wonderful World are available to hear
on my website

http://web.me.com/wgalison/Will_Galison/Hal_Leonard.html

Thanks  for checking this  out