[Harp-L] Track of the Month

This month features a very different chromatic song. Chis DePino's new cd sounds like a cross between Chick Corea and Weather Report bands from the jazz fusion era. Very original from a harmonica players perspective. While other instruments got to experience the "fusion" era of the 1970's, including violin, the harmonica wasn't one of them.

It was very difficult choosing a track to upload that expressed the overall feel of the cd. The track I chose, "Banany" has the feel of latin jazz fusion if there is such a title. Normally I don't like effects that make the chromatic unrecognizable but it works perfect on these recordings. Chris plays his butt off.

It's not for everyone's taste but growing up in that era and listening to it in my teens makes it kind of nostalgic for me. The recording quality is superb as well.

There is a link from my website to his to purchase the cd.

http://harmonicarepair.com/Fathead_Musical_Instruments/Home.html

Take Care
Mike
www.harmonicarepair.net